This is it. It looks like the Hueco Mundo arc is coming to an end. They are taking the fight to the human world — the home town of Ichigo and friends.
Why am I still following Bleach? Admittedly, Bleach’s basic story-structure is pretty simple and boring:
- girl get in trouble;
- guy vow to rescue girl;
- guy run into tough enemy;
- guy get ass kicked;
- guy power up;
- guy toss ridiculously powerful energy bolts around;
- guy save girl;
- Lather, rince and repeat
However, what makes Bleach still interesting is that
- it has interesting match-ups of fights carefully picked from among a huge cast of well-developed characters and that
- it gives a sense of a much larger story-backdrop than just the simple lives of its main characters.
For examples, some of the fights and story developments I look forward to see:
- Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, take 2.
- Ichigo’s dad vs. Aizen. You know Ichigo will lose to Aizen and then will require his dad to come to the rescue.
- Tousen’s betrayal of Aizen It’ll be interesting to see how Tousen’s ultra-sense of honor and Aizen’s deceitfulness will collide.
- Orihime’s betrayal of Aizen Will she become the first major character in Bleach to pay the ultimate price?
- What is Aizen’s reason against the King of Soul Society? Just don’t tell me he is his father. Eeeek!
- What was Ichigo’s dad reason for leaving Soul Society?
- Still waiting for Kenpachi’s shikai.
So have faith, my friends. Bleach is going to be good.